It’s Spring time, the blossoms are bursting, the lambs are finding their mothers, the waves are whispering.
There’s a karanga to the oceanside, the resting place of Mauao, in the Bay of Plenty.
Nestled between Mount Main Street, and the beach, beside the Community Garden lies the green green grass of May Street Reserve.
Official google-map-able address = 13 May Street Reserve, Mount Maunganui.
Other pins / names it goes by = Banks Hall, Scout Hall, and The Yoga Collective.
It is here we gather for little YOGA festival 2017.
How to travel there?
By bike, piggyback, wheelbarrow, foot, skateboard, boat, bus, or other motor-vehicle.
All is possible.
- FREE and paid car-parking in Phoenix Carpark between May Street and Maunganui Road.
- May Street
- Rita Street
- Marine Parade and walk through the beach access
- Banks Avenue
- Pacific Avenue
- Victoria Street
- Wilson carpark behind Sunnys
Activities within 5 minutes walk of the festival
- On Sunday morning there’s a Farmer’s Market in the Phoenix Carpark 9am-1pm
- Explore Hopukiore and the caves
- Walk up to the blowhole on Moturiki Island
- Check out the Street Art on the walls of the Mount ‘Village’
- Taste the delights of the local cafes, bars and restaurants along Mount Main Street and Prince Avenue
- Choose something beautiful from Paper Plane for your home and as a momento from your time with us
- Ride the tall silver slide at Mt Drury Playground
- Watch the sunset of Pilot Bay
- Walk around or up Mauao
- Play at the beach
- Hire bikes from the Backpackers
- Hire a surfboard from beside the Backpackers (probably hire a wetsuit too)
- Walk the loop along the promenade of the Mount Main Beach, Pilot Bay and around the side of Hopukiore (Mt Drury)
- More like a 15 minute walk but worth it – visit Copenhagen Cones for a waffle cone, with your choice of ice-cream or frozen yogurt, fresh whipped cream and topping (who doesn’t choose chocolate)
- Redeem your discount and soak your stretched and strengthened body in the Mount Hot Pools