Do you get a buzz out of meeting like-hearted people from around the world?
Do you love contributing to a cause?
Do you love being a part of fizzing vibe and team that co-creates something sensational together?
Do you light-up when you share and connect people to ideas | events, and events | ideas to people?
You may like to join our team and be a…
Festival Ambassador who contributes to our Marketing Campaign leading up to the Festival?
Festival Volunteer and help deliver our festival in September 2017 Mt Maunganui?
Sweet as, come and join our volunteer team, we have a great time together. Work or give a bit, then be a festival-goer or receive a bit. On the Wanderlust 108 Auckland 5 km run we overheard runners saying “Yeah, I wish I was volunteering, it brings more purpose to the event.” In the ‘How of Happiness’ Sonya Lyubomirsky says this in her chapter entitled “Investing in Social Connections” – ‘the milk of human kindness is …happiness.’ Come be happy with us.
If that sounds like you we’d like to exchange the above Marketing Ambassador or Festival Delivery time, skills and energy for a FREE weekend festival pass…
We are seeking reliable, warm-hearted people to join our family of volunteers. Our festival flows when our team flows. Our volunteers are are integral part of everyone’s festival experience. We are grateful for your application.
If you’re interested in the Marketing Ambassador role this is available from June onwards.
When you apply as a Festival Volunteer within the delivery team you need to be available during:
Thursday 14 September – Saturday 16 September
Saturday 16 September – Monday 18 September
You’ll be required for 2 x 4.5 hour shifts over this time in exchange for 1 x weekend pass to the festival.
Here are the festival ‘proper’ hours:
Friday 15 September 5.30pm – 10.00pm
Saturday 16 September 6.00am – 10.00pm
Sunday 17 September 8.00am – 6.00pm
Festival Delivery Volunteer Role
The wide range of volunteering roles includes:
* supporting the set-up and pack-up of festival venues
* assisting with marketing
* assisting with the box office
* assisting with front of house and welcoming
* operating the information booth to name but a few.
Expect the unexpected. The vibrant nature of festivals requires the delivery team to be flexible, kind and to have a ‘yes let’s’ attitude.
In return for your time:
* we provide a fun and vibrant weekend with like-hearted people from around the world * you’ll gain valuable experience with working within a wellness and arts festival
* you can attend the festival for FREE with 50+ workshops, inspiring speakers, live music and delicious food for local and imported treasures of human beings, in one of the world’s top beach destinations, with people who live like they’re on holiday.
It quite possibly will be the best weekend of your life.
If this still sounds like YOU then:
Email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org including:
* why you believe you’d be a suitable festival delivery volunteer OR marketing ambassador
* if there’s a specific job you’d like to to e.g. pack in/out of the festival (pre/post festival), work the box office (during festival), be part of the marketing team (pre-festival)
* if you have any extra skills which may be helpful e.g. speak another language, have first aid, work with children
NB: You need to be over 18 years of age to be able to volunteer at the festival.
Go well and we look forward to connecting with you.